Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Road Trip

Last Wednesday, June 25th my sister-in-law Amber and I headed out to Utah with our kids, minus my nephew Zach (he was at Scout Camp). Amber went to visit her mom and her friend Jodi (Melton) Christensen and I went to visit my friend Nicole (Dupre) Daniel. We had a BLAST driving there, we laughed the entire 9 1/2 hours of our trip. The kids were great during the trip, they never asked to stop and didn't start asking "Are we there yet?" until 7 1/2 hours into the trip. I was quite surprised at how fast the time went by and how quickly we got there. I figured that with 5 kids under the age of 10 we were doomed to stop at least 4 times.


Thursday we met up with Jodi and headed over to Hogle Zoo. That was a lot of fun as we had never been there. Here are a couple of pictures....


After the zoo we went back to Jodi's house and hung out there until it was time for Amber to take me to Nicole's house for the night. It was great seeing Nicole, as the last time we had seen each other was over 2 1/2 years ago. The kids hung out and we got to talk, hang out and go for a nice run together.


Friday we ventured out to the movies and saw Wall E. Amber and I weren't too into the movie but the kids enjoyed it and had a great time, isn't that all that matters?? After the movie we went over to a park near Jodi's and the kids had some fun playing in the water.


Later that night the girls got to go out thanks to Amber's mom watching her kids and Jodi's husband Rob and daughter Lexie watched my boys. The girls (Amber, Jodi, Nicole and I) went to Texas Roadhouse and had a great time laughing over past memories growing up in Arcadia Stake. The waiters and busboys got tired of waiting for our table and eventually gave up, sitting at a nearby table.


Saturday Amber hung out with her mom and kids and my boys and I hung out with Nicole's family. We had a lot of fun and got to have Cafe Rio, which I heard so much about. They have a great Taco Salad there.



Sunday we got a little bit of a late start. We wanted to leave at 7am but didn't wake up in time. So we finally headed out at 8:30am.







Going home was not so much fun as we were all tired and definitely ready to be home with our husbands and Zach (my other nephew). The drive seemed to take forever and all of the kids were ornery with each other. Dylan kept wanting to "Fight Club" with Justin, Justin kept crying because Britney & Dylan, thought he was a pillow and he was "not a pillow", Britney kept crying because nobody would share their Gameboy with her, Kenzie kept crying because she had sweaty hands and couldn't open the Goldfish packages and CJ kept crying because he was tired of passing snacks back to the little kids. Amber & I just kept crying because we weren't home yet. We did find a couple of ways to amuse ourselves of course, it seems as though we don't have any troubles doing that.

The big question is where are we going next year?? Last year we road tripped it to San Diego and had a blast. So we figure we have to make this a tradition. We'll see what next year brings us....

5 comments:

hughesfam said...

Sounds like you had a great time- I'm glad you were able to go. I'm off the Girl's Camp this morning- I'll call you when I get back.

jodi kay said...

Cute blog! It was so fun to have you guys out here. I'm sorry your trip home kinda sucked. Hopefully we'll see you guys again!

jodi kay said...

Hey Missy, we need to get Amber to start a blog!

Missy Barron said...

Jodi, I agree with you. She said she started with a name so now we just have to help her with the rest. We'll have to get on it...

Anonymous said...

I had the best time while you were here! I cant wait to do it again. dinner was great and it was awesome to hang with Jodi. Next time we'll take pictures! Love and miss ya'll